Wednesday, January 10, 2007

so you want to realise your dreams of being a translator, eh?

Someone from a translation company in Canada contacted me earlier this morning wanting to know if I could work on a project from Canadian English to UK English. I'm from the US, eh? So I emailed back saying that if they needed something done into US English, (or SP>EN, for that matter) I'd be happy to help, but as far as UK English, suerie. It seems like when I do get an email about a potential job, either it's not something I do, or I'm currently occupied, OR they send it to the wrong email, and I come across it a month later by accident. I'm crossing my fingers that the next time I'm contacted, it's a project that I can do! :)

So I've been listening to the "Forgotten Hits of the 90's" Launchcast online radio station for the past few days. Good times. I'm currently listening to Pump Up The Jam by Technotronic. Make my, make my, make, make my day.

It snowed last night, and we've been having strong winds again for the past few days. You can really hear it quite clearly. So far, no more power outages, though (knock on desk).

I still haven't gone to the lab to do my glucose test. We've just had so many things going on lately that it hasn't really been possible to get over there. I have a bunch of appointments coming up next week, so I should probably try to get over there either tomorrow or Friday.

The RS Prez and one of her counselors are coming over for a get-to-know-you visit later on today.

That's about it for now!

4 Comments:

At 2:29 PM, Blogger Gina said...

Have fun with the Glucose Tolerance Test. A word of advice...take something with you to eat when it's over. As a 5 time veteran of the GTT, (I just can't seem to pass that 1-hour test) I can tell you that eating a Pop Tart before leaving the lab to go home is FAR preferable to almost blacking out in the car and crawling in the house on your hands and knees.

Gina

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger dieinahugefire said...

will do. thanks, gina!

 
At 8:31 AM, Blogger annahannah said...

i love you

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger dieinahugefire said...

i love you, too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home