Thursday, April 28, 2005

hoooooooooooah hoooooooooooah

ah yeah.........we have linkage. that's what i freakin' thought!!!!!!!

so in other news, i may be in negotiations to get Dad out here to give a workshop on Google for the program in the fall. I was talking to him yesterday, and he had mentioned giving one elsewhere. So I just sent an email to the president of our student organization here to see if something could be worked out. That'd be pretty cool if he came...it'd be a chance to see him and also a way to help out the translation program here. I hope it works out.

Also, my sister Lauren got accepted to some kind of special summer college program for high school seniors that are doing well. It's a one month program, and I think she'll be studying Biology and Life Sciences. Congrats, Lauren!

so i skipped class yesterday, right? but i have no choice about working all day today and all day tomorrow, b/c if i don't, i have to make up those hours, and i'm already behind. so i was terrified i'd run into one of my professors today, and he'd be like, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING ON YOUR FEET??" which, he'd be entirely right to ask me that, since i shouldn't be on my feet at ALL, but i have no choice. So I brought the little appt card from the doctor's office with me, just in case. i would still look so guilty, though. i am the not-so-proud owner of the world's most expressive face. :)

I have a translation due on Wednesday: FREAKING HEMINGWAY INTO SPANISH!!
My prof has no qualms about giving us the literary masters to translate, which, in theory, is a good thing, but when you're going through it....not so cool. But it's all good, b/c then stuff that is still difficult will be a breeze compared to some of the works we've had to translate this semester. He's had us translate Jorge Luis Borges, Cervantes (Don Quijote), José Martí, WALT WHITMAN, etc. These are some of the all-time literary greats. I'll go to my prof's office just to bounce ideas off of him, and he'll just laugh at my woes... (he's a great guy, but i think he gets a kick out of our pain sometimes....jk)

My Macromedia Flash project is due this coming Wednesday...regoarrarr. I haven't even started, and i haven't looked at the Flash book since my workshop ended in mid-March. so i have to figure out what i want to do, and then how to do it. i'll be spending most of Saturday on it. i don't even want to put it on my website...i wish i had more time to spend on it, but such is grad school.

k, that's it for now.

6 Comments:

At 4:24 PM, Blogger dan said...

Cmon no linkage of regoarrarr to something good like www.regoarrar.com or www.regoarrarr.com/blog

Work with me people!

 
At 5:10 PM, Blogger Carolyn said...

i am SO glad that i'm not in school. dude man dude

 
At 11:52 PM, Blogger Braden said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:53 PM, Blogger Braden said...

you me monkey

 
At 6:50 AM, Blogger dieinahugefire said...

dude man dude

so braden...what did you delete? did you censor yourself because it was a good one?

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger dieinahugefire said...

tellement, tellement

 

Post a Comment

<< Home