Wednesday, June 28, 2006

what goeth on

so Braden started his job on Monday. They have him working at 5am for the next few days...that's been interesting, especially we haven't really made a concentrated effort to get to bed earlier. Today I woke up with him and couldn't get back to sleep, so I got up and played on the internet for a bit. Then, when I went back to bed, I couldn't get to sleep for a while and when I woke up, I was cranky, still tired and had a headache. I thought to myself, "Self, this isn't going to work." I will refrain from further getting up at 4:50am.

I just sent off a resume to a former teacher of mine, and also sent an email to another former teacher (/classmate) indicating my freelance status. The former should be sending me a confidentiality agreement form to fill out/sign and the latter will send me a translation test next week. Hopefully both will pan out. At the very least, it will give me more work experience, so I can then apply to other companies and actually have references to give, besides just my professors. :)

I like our apartment, but the walls are really rather thin. We can hear everything outside, not super loud, but enough so that you notice it. One of our neighbors is rather crass, yelling at his daughter, swearing and playing really loud music with the bass pumped up, yo. He never seems to be gone during the day, either. I hope the situation improves.

We were playing catch the other day, and I got pegged in the shin with a grounder. Ouch!

4 Comments:

At 8:18 AM, Blogger annahannah said...

crass, indeed.

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

hello, hello! glad to hear from you. Do you feel like WA is your home yet? Don't get too cozy cuz we want you back. :-) Even though I hear you hate Ohio. Cincinnati is pretty cool...hee heee. Keep in touch!

 
At 5:20 PM, Blogger Braden said...

But we love Ohioans... at least the ones that are related to us.

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger dieinahugefire said...

Not necessarily WA...but I do feel more and more comfortable in our apartment.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home