Tuesday, February 27, 2007

a little good news

So here's some good news: I finally found the Anne Murray Sesame Street album on CD!!! YAY!!! It's called "There's a Hippo In My Tub", and I got it from an Amazon seller. It actually doesn't mention Sesame Street, and it's a new compilation from 2001 that has 3 "new" songs on it. You know when you have a really strong childhood memory that you just love, and it makes you feel all warm and cuddly inside? Like "Scuppers the Sailor Dog" for Dad G. Anyway, i LOVE this album and remember listening to it not only as a young child, but occasionally throughout my middle and high school years. I've been wanting to get it for Jenna, so I can play it for her, and she can love it as much as I do! And if she doesn't, I'm shoving it down her ears...just kidding. :) No, it's a wonderful kids album, and Anne Murray's great. I just got it in the mail today, and I told Braden that I hope he likes it, since he's going to hear it a LOT. :)

"Watch them catch their UNDERWEAR!!"

"Why won't you answer my questions??? 'Cause I don't know the answers!! Good night, good night."

"Two and two are four, four and four are eight..." As a young child, I always thought they were saying, "Do unto others, more and forever..." LOL. For YEARS I thought that. ahh...misheard lyrics.

Now I just have to get Anne Murray's old school album on CD with the songs, "Easy Love", "Wintry Feeling", "You'll Never Be A Stranger At My Door", etc. Mom, you have it on a tape somewhere. That's another great childhood memory. I'm also looking for, "Be patient, be patient; don't be in such a hurry" and the Sesame Street one with numbers: "Well, the alligator king said to his seven sons, I'm feeling pretty down.." It had a bunch of different numbers songs on it. Great stuff.

4 Comments:

At 4:36 AM, Blogger dan said...

I would like to find the Count's Countdown on CD

 
At 4:51 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

I found an entire Sesame Street song collection at the library once. It had like 6 CDs. So many good old songs! But Amy has decided that she doesn't like Sesame Street any more so any time I tried to listen to it she would scream and cry! sigh. Bummer.

 
At 5:01 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

http://www.amazon.com/Songs-Street-35-Years-Music/dp/B0000C05MP
Here's the CD I was talking about. It includes such good ones as Lady Bug Picnic and The Aligator King.

 
At 5:02 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

Ok, If I was cool at all, I could have made that a link, so you could have just clicked on it. But lo, I couldn't figure out how!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home