Sunday, February 25, 2007

ya'll want this party started QUICKLY, right?

Well, we are now done with the childbirth classes and newborn care/CPR class. All that remains in terms of classes is the breastfeeding class in a few weeks.

on a side note, I hate transcription. I will occupied with it probably all of tomorrow, and then I hope to never do any again, or I shall have no hair left, for it will all be torn out.

I received an email last week from a translation company (I really think it's just one guy passing himself off as a "company"...) wanting to know if I could translate 799 pages of sci/tech PDF documents in 8 days. Sure, I'll just run it through a machine translator...oh, wait, I can't, because the original files are PDFs. Shoot. Had to turn that one down. And I didn't even mention that it was for slave's wages. Braden and I figured out that it would be working for less than minimum wage. I do hate to turn down work, especially since any work at this point is experience, and it's good to have stuff to add to your resume, but GEEZ. Did I get a Masters degree just to turn around and prostitute myself???

We had a very busy week last week, and even today was pretty eventful. Tomorrow, as I mentioned already, I'll be occupied trying to "proofhear" my transcription, which will take a long while...and THEN, I hope I don't get anything for a few days. I'm just worn out, and I need to rest. I think my body is clamoring at me to get a lot of rest right now, and I need to listen to it!

My hub is the bomb-diggity, yo.

2 Comments:

At 11:21 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

yes, i suggest sleep. because soon you will never ever get as much asleep again.

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger Gina said...

I agree. Adjusting to the lack of sleep thrust upon you with the arrival of Baby #1 is a huge hurdle. It does get better though!

I was going to call you this afternoon, but since I read that you are translating your little heart out for the next couple of days, I'll try to catch you on Wednesday.

Gina

 

Post a Comment

<< Home