Monday, March 05, 2007

ultrasound

For those of you who don't know, we're having an ultrasound today at 2:30 to try and figure out why I'm measuring small. For some reason, I seem to be stuck at around 32 when they do the measurement of the uterus, even though I'm coming up on 36 weeks along on Thursday. I measured 31 at my 32 week doctor's appt, then 32 at 34, and it's stayed the same ever since. I think I already mentioned that the doctor at the Family Birth Center was concerned about it a week ago, and then on Friday, I mentioned it to my doctor, and she requested an ultrasound to see what's going on. According to what I understand, possible reasons could be that Jenna is just small (but healthy), she may not be growing like she should (whaddyacallit...I forget the initials), there may not be enough amniotic fluid (which apparently is a genetic factor and has nothing to do with how much I drink), she may not be getting enough nutrients, or the placenta may not be functioning properly. While Jenna really seems to be perfectly healthy (every doctor I've seen has commented on how healthy she is) and is moving around a lot...as her mommy, I can't help but be a little concerned. I hope that everything is all right. Please keep us in your prayers...

Thank goodness I was able to schedule the ultrasound at a time when Braden has to be at the hospital for school anyway, and his supervisor agreed to let him start clinicals a little bit late today. I'm grateful for that; I need the support, and...he's the daddy and has been there for the other ultrasounds we've had, so it will be special for both of us to see how much she's grown.

2 Comments:

At 11:20 AM, Blogger dieinahugefire said...

um, I don't know why this posted as March 5th...it's March 6th.

 
At 7:31 AM, Blogger annahannah said...

i'm so glad that she is fine!! just petite like her parents

 

Post a Comment

<< Home