Friday, April 29, 2005

new music

so here are some people that i had never heard before but found either through ITunes or b/c Borders has that cool thing where you can listen to the entire CD if they have it on display. Relient K had their single "Be My Escape" on ITunes last week, and I really like it. It's reminiscent of Blink 182's "What's My Age Again?" but less annoying. I'm not linking Blink 182, b/c generally they're not so Mormon-friendly. I also bought Jack Johnson's latest CD, since I listened to a lot of it at Borders. You can get music for much cheaper on ITunes, since you're forfeiting the CD itself, including jacket and lyrics. But the way I see it, you can always find the lyrics on the internet, unless it's in a foreign language (then it's harder). Anyway, Jack Johnson is vaguely John Mayer-ish, kind of laid-back, low-key singing with one guitar. He's good.
The other recent good free single is "I Predict A Riot" by The Kaiser Chiefs. Think British rock...you'd have to see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home