Thursday, March 08, 2007

another year, another dollar or two

So I have this habit of getting up a little before 7:58am, if I don't happen to be up already for work or school (this is the first year in a while that that isn't the case), and watching for the clock to turn those magical numbers...and not wanting it to. Like it even matters!!! For some reason, I've not much cared for getting older since my teen years; I remember doing this when I turned 18...maybe I didn't want to grow up, I don't know. But I never have to grow up in spirit! :)

The baby shower went well. We had a lot of fun. Jenna's bottles will be VERY clean, since I got 3 bottle cleaner-things (it looks like a little toilet brush, really). :) I got some way cute clothes, and some essential stuff for breastfeeding, like pads, lotion, a privacy wrap, etc. I'm sure my brothers wanted to know that. We got a baby book, too, which we'd been talking about getting one, so I'm glad we held off. We played a game where everyone cut a length of yarn that they guessed would go around me measurement-wise. April from our old ward and Teresa (sister-in-law) were almost tied, but April won. Everyone was like, "You're so small!!"...so even when they thought they were guessing small, they really weren't.

I have to admit, my favorite gift was a $20 gift card to Olive Garden that was to Braden and I, saying that it was for us to get out and enjoy some time just us before the baby's born. Needless to say, we were all over that last night when I got home, b/c I was STARVING by the time the shower was over. So we went and had soup at 9:30 last night, and then Braden asked if we could have some of the soup they were just going to throw away, and, since we had a cool waitress (and apparently a lenient manager), we also got two bowls to take home. Score!

April (sister-in-law) and Braden's mom really did a great job with the shower, especially considering what's been going on with Granna (stroke a few weeks ago). Everything looked fantastic, and there were little green cookies and a cake that said Happy Shower and Happy Birthday! So that was cool. Neat decorations, too. We took some pictures, but the ones of the cake are on the in-laws sd card, so those will have to wait for postage (they're leaving for SLC this weekend for a bit).

On a side note, I keep meaning to mention this, but on Fast Sunday, this nervous teenager got up to bear his testimony, and he said something to the effect of, "That'd be cool, to have God as the head coach, and Jesus as the star running back...we probably would've made it to States." And then when everybody laughed, he looked surprised...I really don't think he meant it to be funny, but it was hilarious. Aw...he was so nervous!

Well, I got up to mark the passing of 28, and now I retreat back to the comfort of my bed, for, lo, I am an tired. (That's like "an hungered")

2 Comments:

At 11:15 AM, Blogger dan said...

Happy birthday ya old bag!

 
At 8:25 AM, Blogger annahannah said...

happy birthday, ya sweet young thing!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home