Friday, April 29, 2005

dragostea din tei

some of you may have already seen this, but if you go here, scroll down a little bit and click on the video on the left (there's two), it's Gary Brolsma lip-synching to "Dragostea Din Tei" by O-zone. The latter are a Romanian dance/pop (synth wizard) group that were inadvertently made famous (in the U.S., since they already had had a big hit with the song across Europe) by the former, who spontaneously did a webcam performance of the song (which he had found on the net and thought it was funny) and sent the file to some of his friends. Little did he realize the chain reaction it would set off. His friends sent it to their friends, who sent to their friends, and so on and so forth, until the unknown kid from Jersey became world-famous. He was invited on Letterman, Good Morning America, etc. This was at the end of last year/beginning of this year...he has subsequently gotten VERY sick of his own mug and actually refused to go on one talk show. His video is seriously THE funniest lip-synching performance that I have EVER seen. I watched it over and over, and it never got less funny.

You can also watch the video for the original single, next to the video of Gary. It's vaguely a-ha "Take On Me".

11 Comments:

At 12:24 AM, Blogger Braden said...

hark, doth mine eyes decieve me? Two posts in a row with links? Could Kerry be giving in to the pressure from the evil forces? Nay! Let it not be so! Hold tight, stay the course, a thousand points of light! Give not in to the bag o' evil link brigade. Use the Schmorce, Luke! I have faith in you! I have hope in you! I have 3 communicable diseases thanks to my lovely ER job! If you need to lean on me, you just call out my name and don't let the sun go down on me and it'll be just like a dream.

 
At 12:25 AM, Blogger Braden said...

sorry, I think I just pooted on your blog. Sorry, sorry. Terribly sorry. Do pardon me.

 
At 4:23 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

so bradenjohnmr,
why don't you have your own blog yet? or maybe you do and the masses haven't been invited. of course, of kerry's family, you haven't met her wonderful brother dan, and her totally awesome sister-in-law, me, carolyn. such a shame.

 
At 8:23 AM, Blogger dieinahugefire said...

yeah, well, i do post links when i feel it's necessary. in those cases when i'm talking about music no one knows, or a website that is cool. when it comes to common knowledge, i don't feel the need.

and yeah....bradenjohnmr...DO you have a blog?? you need to get on that, and invite the masses.

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger annahannah said...

it sounds like fun, but takes entirely to long to open. maybe someday when i don't have a life. Oh, wait. i DON'T have a life

 
At 10:01 AM, Blogger Braden said...

I can't believe I sold out.

http://lecar.blogspot.com

Someone owes me some money.

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger dieinahugefire said...

mrs, the next time you come visit, i'll take you to the lab to show you the video. that's where i first saw it. the connection is MUCH better over there.

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger dieinahugefire said...

sorry bradenjohnmr...i'm broke. :) but i will come visit you...i GUESS. :)

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger dieinahugefire said...

so, braden, was your first comment a mixed songaphor? i think so, and i also think it RULES.

 
At 5:49 PM, Blogger Braden said...

songophor... that is a good word. I think I will add it to my dictionary of coolness. And yes, I decided to sing, sing a song, hoping to not be unforgiven, because that aint no way to go (to the Champs Elysee).

 
At 5:50 PM, Blogger Braden said...

PS - can anyone see my literary faux-pas in my last comment? 5 points for the first person to duly mention it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home