Tuesday, June 21, 2005

workshop

so i just started my workshop on Photoshop last night. It's interesting and everything, but it makes for a really long day when I have to work that day and then go to the workshop from 5-9...
we got a huge tutorial book that will teach us the ins and outs of Photoshop CS, which is pretty cool, but basically it means that we have to get through the whole book in like 6 days of 4 hours each. Plus we have projects due along the way. i'm supposed to come up with about 6 images/pictures for an image collage for the first project.

i remembered recently that it's once again my turn to teach this coming Sunday, so sometime before then I need to prepare my lesson. I forget what it's on.

My friend Marú told me yesterday that there's a concert with Chayanne, Alejandro Fernández, and Marc Anthony on September 1st near Chicago. I would love to go, but that just happens to be the first day of my interpreting class... So I don't know if it will happen, but hey, if you gotta miss a class, it's better that it be the first day, right? :)

I'm not sure if Cedar Point is going to work out on the 7th for me. Again, i would like to go to that as well, but my other workshop conflicts, and when I was looking on the syllabus for the Photoshop one, it said that you must attend all sessions, NO EXCEPTIONS!!! If that holds true for the July workshop, then I won't be able to go. :(

We got Chinese food last night, and the place where we went was so crappy. The food was less than appetizing, and we didn't get any water like I had requested. So I asked one of the employees out on the floor, and she was like, "NO WATER!!!" Okaaaaaaay. I don't think she spoke English that well, but still...quite rudeyhead, if you will. NO TIP FOR YOU!!! All in all, I don't think I'll go back there again. The other time I was there, they put so many onions on my pepper steak that I had this big pile o' onions on a soggy napkin by the time I finished my meal. Only when we were about to leave did I realize that there was NO FREAKING TRASHCAN anywhere in the dining area!!!! When we asked, the guy was like, oh, just leave your trash there. so...i did. HERE, HAVE THIS SOGGY BOTTOM PILE O' ONIONS. I felt really bad, but I piled them under the mistaken assumption that I myself would be able to chuck them at my leisure (pronounced LEH-sure). Maybe they remembered me from all those months ago and took it out on me last night. :) but seriously, folks, put a trashcan in the dining area of your food establishment!!! come on.

man, am i tired today!! I work till noon, and then I am taking a rocking nap until my workshop starts at 5. mmmboy.

1 Comments:

At 8:29 AM, Blogger annahannah said...

good to see you posting. poor braden. he can come over and hang out

 

Post a Comment

<< Home