Sunday, May 08, 2005

update before finals

so it's Mother's Day, and I would like to take this opportunity to say that my Mom's the awesomest mom ever!!! Love you, Mom!!

It's the beginning of finals week, and I have a final on Tuesday night, Wednesday afternoon-ish (it's flexible), and my final project due Thursday at 5pm. For the Tuesday one, I'm pretty much done; I just need to prepare my presentation a little bit and do some underlining of key points. From there, I can just BS... undergrad taught me pretty well. I'm meeting with my prof tomorrow to discuss my final project and stuff for my case study (our equivalent of a thesis), which will be due in a year. I want to get a head start on it and not be running around like crazy the weeks before it's due like many 2nd years have been doing. No thanks.
Then, my final on Wednesday I really don't care that much about.

I just got an email from the graduate coordinator regarding tentative assignments for who will be our advisor for the case study, and I got the prof I wanted!! I'm excited because I talk to him all the time anyway, and the other prof is...um, to put it diplomatically, scary and impossible to talk to. So, that's good news. I don't envy my classmates who got the other one.

I got a 2nd yr to agree to let me sit in on her case study defense this Friday, so I'm excited to see what kinds of questions the profs ask, etc. I'll go and take notes, in preparation for when I have to go through that in a year. I'm going to ask one of the Spanish students if I can sit in on hers on Thursday, because everyone else said no, and I want to at least sit in on ONE Spanish one. The other one is Russian, but it's localization, so it's relevant to what I would like to do.

I found out that we only need 6 credit hours to be full time in the summer, so I dropped my Flash workshop, since I already took one this semester. My other workshops will be on Adobe Photoshop, Macromedia Dreamweaver and Microsoft FrontPage. The first two will be brush-ups of programs that I've already had an introduction to, and the last one will be brand new. So they'll be cool, and hopefully I'll have time to teach myself the CAT (Computer Aided Translation)programs that we SHOULD have been taught this semester. I also want to start learning some localization programs, and start working on my case study, like I said before. But I have to choose it first! So I'll be really busy this summer. Plus, I want to get out and get some exercise!! I should be able to start jogging in a week and a half, but I also want to bike. I'll have to find some good trails and stuff around here. A few people are sticking around this summer, so it'd be fun to hang out some, too. busy, busy, busy. :)

Either Friday or Saturday I'm heading off to Prosperity, PA to the farm. Dad and Doug should be there, and I can't wait to see Grandma M; it's been close to a year since I saw her last. She's so much fun. :)

Man, it's gorgeous outside. What the heck am I doing in here??

5 Comments:

At 4:48 PM, Blogger annahannah said...

wow what a cool mom you have

 
At 5:10 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

kerry, we were suppose to go to PA to see grandma miller and family too. Your dad invited us, but then never told us the details of when to go. So, I guess we're not going. We have stake conference this weekend. Wonder what happened with all of that..........

 
At 6:10 AM, Blogger Braden said...

wow what a cool mom you have

 
At 6:20 AM, Blogger dieinahugefire said...

carolyn, come!!!!! i haven't seen you guys in forever!!

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger annahannah said...

i hear that president hinckley is speaking to the stake conferences in all of NE region. you would probably see the same stake conference in pa as cincinnati. oh wait...this is kerry's blog. maybe carolyn or dan will still read it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home