Friday, March 30, 2007

still no bebe

Jenna must be quite comfortable in the oven. I tell her to enjoy her last days in there. Braden asked me how I was feeling early yesterday morning as I crawled back into bed after getting up to go to the bathroom for the fourth time, and I said, "Big and luggy." That's it in a nutshell. :)

Today is yet another weekly doctor's appointment. I was hoping that Jenna would get me out of that, but no luck so far.

I finally got paid for my freelance work...I got 3 checks from 3 different companies, all on Saturday. So it's nice to know that I haven't been working for free. I had done work for 2 of those companies since late January and hadn't been paid for anything that I'd done this year, so I was relieved to know that I don't have to start calling peeps up and asking where is my money, yo. :) And then I also received confirmation that I should be receiving a check from a different company within a couple of weeks. So all in all, I will only be waiting on the one just mentioned and another one from one of the companies that just sent me a check for January's work (I still need February's check...probably another month for that..grr).

Braden's job interview went really well, and he aced their computer test on Tuesday, so we're crossing our fingers that they offer him the job.

We celebrated Braden's birthday last night (as a surprise to him). I wanted to do it while I was still semi-functioning, as opposed to April 8th, when Jenna will almost assuredly be here already (I sure hope so, anyway), and I'll be sleeping and breastfeeding and not-so-inclined to celebrate.

I got him a Juanes t-shirt that says "Tengo la camisa negra" that he'd been wanting, and a t-shirt that was for me to wear but "for" him that says "I love male nurses". I also got a bunch of Sue Grafton mystery books and hid them around the apartment, so he had to find them with some clues. Mom got both of us 24, Season 1, so that means we have seasons 1 and 3 now, and in a few years we can watch them again when we've forgotten what goeth on. We're currently watching Season 5 and wish that the prez on there would get into a car accident or something. Lo, he buggeth. :)

Mom and I watched Stranger Than Fiction yesterday afternoon. I wasn't too impressed with it; it was okay, I guess, but if I had seen it in the theater, I would've regretted spending the money on it. I think that the trailer was misleading, intimating that it would be much more funny than it actually was...not that it HAS to be rip-roaring hilarious, but I just don't like that it led you to believe it would be. And it didn't really go anywhere and took a long time to do it. I guess "meandering" is a good adjective to describe it. Today we're going to watch The Devil Wears Prada. Mom's seen it before and said she liked it. And I guess The Pursuit of Happyness just came out on DVD, so we'll have to see if that's any good. It's one of those movies that you don't want to spend the money to see it in the theater but you want to watch when it comes out on DVD.

Gina (s-in-law) is within 40 minutes of the hospital as of Tuesday, so I'm trying to have this baby while she's here, so she doesn't have to turn around and drive back from Central WA next week...but I don't have a lot of control over that, unfortunately. Maybe Jenna will get us out of General Conference! jk. :)

Jenna has definitely dropped as of probably a week ago or so. She's so much lower! She kind of dropped down and out, so that now I'm measuring 40" around instead of 38". We haven't been measuring consistently, but it was 38" about a couple of weeks ago, and there is definitely a difference now.

I told the peeps at the front office that I had a week left, and their mouths dropped open. The one was like, "I thought you had a few months left!" Nope.

Well, can't think of anything else to say...later.

1 Comments:

At 9:56 AM, Blogger Gina said...

This message is for Jenna:

This is your Aunt Gina. Wouldn't you like to come on out and meet your mom and dad (and the rest of us)?

No?

Well, I wasn't really asking.

I mean it.

Come out, NOW.

1...2...if I get to 3, there's going to be a problem!

I'm serious now.

Really, Jenna.

You're making poor infant choices, and I'm very sad about that.

Fine. Have it your way. I'll remember this the next time you want something right away...like food. Or a clean, dry diaper. Or a car.

:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home