Wednesday, May 30, 2007

mini-me

Things are getting better. The first weeks are really rough, and now it's starting to improve, but if I don't get to bed when Jenna does, or if she wakes up a lot, I'm dead the next day. I still don't get enough sleep, and I guess that's the price you pay for being a mom, but I'm hoping that I'll be able to adjust to getting less sleep.

We can already tell Jenna's a smart kiddo. She's very alert, and she's just starting to become more socially aware. She smiled at me today! (Her first smile at me was on Friday) When she was a new-newborn, she didn't focus on me very much at all, which worried me, but I guess that's normal at that age.

There's this Ben Folds song he wrote for his son that goes, "You're so much like me. I'm sorry." Very apropos! :) No, but Jenna has so much in common with me. She's got my eyebrows (the same color, even!), nose, mouth, eyes (they even change color depending on what she wears, just like mine), long feet, black hair at birth (still waiting to see if it will come in white-blond later like mine). She also has a long torso in proportion to the rest of her body, just like me, which means she'll be in between sizes a lot, b/c she fits into stuff with her upper body, and then she's so long that the legs in a lot of her clothes are too short for her. She's already grown out of a bunch of clothes that fit her even a week ago because of that! :) Thank goodness for layettes (they don't have legs; they're just open at the bottom, which also makes for easy diaper-changing...wonderful during the night, especially!) Anyway, I could go on and on...she's great. Crazy to have a mini-me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home